The origins of the healing art of Thai massage can be traced back to India at least 2,500 years ago. It’s a therapeutic touch technique that’s quite different from regular massage. You’ll receive the massage while lying on a mat on the floor. Furthermore, the massage therapist will employ targeted body manipulations to increase the range of motion and stimulate internal organs.
Thai massage is a part of traditional Thai medicine and utilizes the body’s energetic pathways. These are called sen. Thai massage enhances the body’s energy flow and is sometimes called “assisted yoga.”
Benefits of Thai Massage
A study concluded that Thai massage is a more effective way of reducing stress than just resting for healthy people. Because of this, it also improves the quality of sleep.
Thai massage increases energy and mental stimulation. After a session, many people leave feeling relaxed and rejuvenated.
According to a study, a specific type of Thai massage called “court type” is effective in easing the symptoms of chronic tension headaches and migraines.
Although Thai massage is an active form of massage therapy, it can reduce anxiety and increase a person’s sense of calm.
Reduces Back Pain
Thai massage effectively alleviates back pain and discomfort. It tends to focus on areas like the inner thighs and abdomen that contribute to back pain. Studies have found that Thai massage relieves back pain in the upper back.
Stimulates Circulation and Improves Range of Motion
The yoga-like stretches increase blood flow, which circulates oxygen to the body’s tissues. The gentle stretching in Thai massage will enhance a person’s flexibility. Thai massage also reduces joint friction and improves posture, resulting in increased joint mobility and range of motion.
Some Key Points To Remember
- Traditional Thai massage is done fully clothed, so wear clothes that are comfortable and loose, so they won’t impede your motions.
- An excellent way to visualize Thai massage is to imagine someone arranging your body into different yoga poses.
- Inform the practitioner if you have an injury or if any part of your body is experiencing discomfort or pain before beginning the massage.
- Thai massage has profound effects on the circulatory system, so it’s best to consult your doctor if you have heart disease, bone or spine condition, cancer, diabetes, open wounds, or a pregnancy before getting this massage treatment.
- You may have some redness on your skin after the massage, but it’s normal and will eventually disappear.
- Due to the possibility of dizziness, it is advised to relax after a Thai massage before attempting to walk or drive.
- Some people experience muscle soreness after a Thai massage, but it’s normal, and there’s nothing to worry about. This is because of the high-impact nature of the treatment.
The Bottom Line
Thai massage is an ancient practice supported by modern science for its many benefits. It’s not a passive treatment. Although anyone of any age can receive a Thai massage, it’s not suitable for everyone — particularly those with certain health conditions.
Schedule Your Thai Massage
If you are looking for a unique and rejuvenating experience, scheduling an appointment with Big Creek Massotherapy for a Thai massage is an excellent choice. The experienced massage therapists at Big Creek Massotherapy are trained to provide the most effective Thai massage techniques that will leave you feeling relaxed and refreshed. With their dedication to providing the highest quality services, you can be sure that you will receive a personalized experience that is tailored to your individual needs.
Book your appointment today and take the first step towards a healthier and more relaxed you!